Scaitcliffe community Centre is dedicated to being a leading social enterprise
in Accrington and surrounding areas promoting and operating inclusive activities to
create social and economic inclusion for disadvantaged communities, in particular
the vulnerable, young and elderly persons.
Scaitcliffe community Centre's Mission Statement shared by its Board, and staff, is:
"To develop and implement initiatives which will embrace and enrich the education,
training, employment, health, social, cultural and recreational needs of the local
To achieve this Mission Statement, Scaitcliffe Community Centre offers a range of
means to ensure those people most at risk get the tools they need to make their lives
better. Services and activities currently encompass:
- Numeracy and literacy support and Capacity building;
- Active citizenship, including volunteering;
- Community issues related to crime and disorder;
- Children, young people and family learning;
- Sign posting for Information, Advice and Guidance;
- Information and communication technology.